Thursday, May 6, 2010

Welcome , Willkommen, Osiyo, Bienvenu...

So now I am here, show you my work like I would do on every market and in every school I visited in the last years and will answer all your questions as long as I can. I am on Deviantart now for some time and very fresh on Etsy  and enjoy both communities there. I have found good friends and so much support I want to give some back. So this will be my first blog in english and I hope you will enjoy it.


I started working with glass in 1998, lived and learned glassblowing in Lauscha, a really small Town in the Thuringian Forest who became known for its glassblowing. You like to decorate your christsmastree with glass? The baubles were first made in Lauscha, Germany, by Hans Greiner  who produced garlands of glass beads similar to the popcorn strands and tin figures that could be hung on trees. The popularity of these decorations grew into the production of glass figures made by highly skilled artisans with clay molds. (source for further information wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_ornament)

I have worked with glass for nearly twelve years. And I am still at the surface. I am a softglass artist from Germany, so please excuse when my english is not always perfect. I am getting better and will not be offended, if you correct me from time to time.

2003 I started my own business.
2005 I graduated as a masterglassblower.

I love to work massiv, combined with stone, wood, bone and other materials nature provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment